Co-operatives East Midlands Membership
Sign Up Today
Membership of Co-operatives East Midlands is open to all organisations who share our values, commitments & principles of co-operation across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire and Lincolnshire.
Members pay a subscription to support the operational activity of Co-operatives East Midlands on a scale reflected on organisation turnover (Micro enterprise – subscription is free for the first year, voluntary thereafter).
Benefits of Membership
The following benefits are gained by members who participate in CEM’s activities:
- Being a part of a united voice representing the co-operative movement within the East Midlands at a strategic level including, for example, with Co-operatives UK, national and local government, Local Economic Partnerships and the retail co-operatives
- Contributing to an organisation that promotes the co-operative movement as a whole within the East Midlands, and in particular its members, and their co-operative values and principles
- The receipt and sharing of regular and timely co-operative related news locally, nationally and internationally
- The gaining of advice, information, education and training at events/at networking meetings/through e-alerts/newsletters and through information available on the website through a members only section
- The opportunity to share CEM marketing and promotional materials and assist with the development of the co-operative movement within the area
- Opportunities to network with other co-operative enterprises
- Peer support within the membership, for example, an experienced co-operative becomes a mentor to a new start or inexperienced co-operative, and the sharing of information/tools/resources between members
- An opportunity to promote your co-operative enterprise – to showcase on the CEM website, through CEM social media, at CEM external events, through member partnership working and trading amongst members
- Social interaction – social networking opportunities throughout the year
- An opportunity to become active and to influence co-operative promotion within CEM including the opportunity to join the committee and attend the Annual
- General Meeting and other CEM or external meetings
- An opportunity in the future for joint purchasing/discounts on e.g. joint promotional materials/insurance packages/telephone services/utilities/ and other services as appropriate. We are open to suggestions
To receive these benefits and more, please email our Secretary Jenny de Villiers at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send over our CEM member application form.
CO-OPERATIVE WORKING MAKES THE COMMUNITY
Jenny de Villiers
Co-ops East Midlands Secretary
Co-operatives East Midlands is "an unincorporated association".