Co-operative Groups Summit Meeting | September 2018
A joint meeting of Co-op groups working in the West Midlands, East Midlands and East of England was held on 5 September 2018 attended by stakeholders including the Co-operative College, Co-operatives UK, Co-op Party, Co-op Foundation, retail co-ops across the region including Lincolnshire Co-op, CASE business development and Clockwise Credit Union and members and employees of different co-ops regionally. The event was hosted by Co-ops East Midlands at the Central England Co-op Society in Leicester.
If you would like to learn more about co-ops, how they play an important role economically and socially today for individuals and communities, contact us. There is a wealth of information available. Some of life issues being faced today, and campaigned for, are ethical money management, housing, youth employment, food poverty, modern slavery and loneliness. Co-ops are pro-active in raising awareness of these issues and seeking co-op solutions. Co-ops are based on a set of values and principles, set out by the International Co-op Alliance, and members democratically work together to ensure these are converted into practical working through their involvement. For details, contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next CEM Meeting
A joint Regional Co-op Council meeting will take place on Wednesday 5 September 2018 with Co-operatives East and Co-operatives West Midlands hosted by Co-operatives East Midlands at 10am at the Central England Co-operative Society Ambient Distribution Centre, Scuadamore Road, Leicester LE3 1UJ. For details, contact Jenny at email@example.com
THREE exciting ways to INSPIRE during Co‑operatives Fortnight, 23 June-7 July
We're offering co‑ops the chance to host a screening of a powerful new documentary film showcasing how co‑ops change lives and communities.
'A Silent Transformation' focuses on an inspiring group of co-ops in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
“As the modern economy increasingly denies vast sectors of the population basic amenities for decent life, the co‑operative spirit is as critical as ever. A Silent Transformation sets out to explore the innovative self-help efforts of different communities across Ontario. By addressing their needs collectively these people help to regain the vision of co-operation. Communities are the seeds of economic democracy, global solidarity, and a new popular movement to transform society!”
Seeing is believing, so what better way to help people understand the difference that co-ops make than inviting people to an open day where they can see how your co-op works and how it does things differently.
If you are planning an event, then register the details and we'll be sure to promote on the Co-operatives Fortnight section of our website. Make sure to tag @CooperativesUK on Twitter and Facebook, and use #coopdifference and we'll share!
Order a toolkit with posters and stickers so you're ready for Co‑operatives Fortnight!
Make sure you have everything you need to celebrate Co‑operatives Fortnight!
• Request a digital toolkit to be sent graphics, logos and messaging for social media, as well as an events checklist. Simply reply to this email or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Order a physical toolkit with posters, postcards, stickers and what is a co‑op leaflets. We will deliver bundles late May/early June in time for Co‑operatives Fortnight, which takes place from 23 June-7 July. Order your Co-operatives Fortnight toolkit >
Once you've ordered your toolkit, get planning with others ways your co-op or organisation can join in this Co‑operatives Fortnight:
• Share our case studies celebrating the difference co‑ops are making to people across the UK and the world!
• Share your story. Tell your customers what sets your co‑op apart. Want to be a featured case study? Contact email@example.com
• Put a spotlight on other co‑ops. Use Co‑operatives Fortnight as a way to tell the story of local co‑ops or others you work with, and showcase the diversity of the co‑op sector.
• Put on an offer. Encourage people to use your co‑op by putting on a special Co‑operatives Fortnight discount? You can drive awareness of co‑ops and benefit your co‑op at the same time.
Read the 6 ways your can get involved with Co‑operatives Fortnight 2018 #coopdifference
Co-operatives East Midlands Events
Co-operatives East Midlands invites you to:
- An Educational Day Out to the Rochdale Pioneers Museum at Toad Lane, Rochdale Wednesday 18 April 2018
Download the Visit Flyer VisittoToadLaneApril2018flyer
Download the Booking Form for Lincoln BookingFormRochdaleVisitLincoln
Download the Booking Form for Nottingham/Derby BookingFormRochdaleVisitDerbyNottingham
Regional Co-operative Councils networking session
You are invited to the:
Regional Co-operative Councils networking session and presentation from Jim Cooke, Head of the Co-operative Foundation.
Organised by Co-operatives East, Co-operatives West Midlands and Co-operatives East Midlands. 2pm at Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, Warwickshire on Friday 9th March 2018.
Details from Jenny de Villiers - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details about the conference click here
CO-OPERATIVE WORKING MAKES THE COMMUNITY
Co-operatives East Midlands is "an unincorporated association".